Top 10 Lists

Proof that thin people can have babies just fine:

I have some gripes. But I’ll start with the positives:

Top Ten Reasons Why I’m Excited or Happy Right Now

1. James. He’s the best thing. He’s my sweet one. I love him. He’s an extraordinary husband.
  2. We get to meet our baby face to face in approximately 151 days or about 5 months (I have a pregnancy App that tells me this)
  3. In 3 weeks we find out the gender of the baby.
  4. We are buying a new car.
  5. My rugs. I love my new rugs and how cozy our bedroom is.
  6. Unseasonably warm weather
  7. Free baby gear and clothing from my old landlord who is so sweet and has great taste.
  8. An entire week at a seaside cottage in Bethany this July.
  9. Tax returns
  10. My new haircut is pretty great.

Top Ten Reasons Why I’m Really Frustrated & Tired Right Now

1. Gas and bloating
  2. Excess saliva
  3. Round ligament pains: all.the.time.
  4. Fitful, uncomfortable back-pain inducing nights of “rest”.
  5. The fact that I am just not a person who will have an “easy” second trimester. Never mind how rough the first one was.
  6. Indigestion
  7. Butt pain
  8. Unwanted advice compounded with what I thought was impossible: more comments on my small frame and “waif” body than I encountered in even the Jr. High school years. I’ve lost my cool with an acquaintance.
  9. Food aversions
  10. Extreme exhaustion

8 comments on “Top 10 Lists

1. Margaret January 31, 2012 4:38 pm

OMG, I have gas and bloating right now and I’m not even preggers! LOL

Does it look like you have basketball shoved under your shirt?

You are finding out the gender and not waiting?

You are getting a new car???

And you have a new haircut?????!! (ME TOO! I CUT IT ALL OFF!!!! PIXIE GURL!)

XOXOXOXOXO

• Steph January 31, 2012 4:45 pm

This made me bust out laughing hahahahaha!

I basically look like the second photo up there, that is how I’m carrying. But it’s not warm outside and I didn’t really buy much maternity wear so I really look awkward because it looks like I’m a really thin person with a big belly. People who know me are like “whoa! you’re really showing!”

We’re going to find out the gender & we’re getting our new car soon (most likely the VW Sportewagen TDI or a Subaru Outback); yes!!

My haircut was the first professional one I have gotten in a year! The lady told me that I had to change my part because the one I had was making my face look lopsided and I was getting a bald spot! I don’t think I am getting a bald spot, but the stress of wearing my hair up so much was getting to be so annoying. I have bangs again and she thinned it out.

Send me a pic of the new do!! XOXO!!

2. Margaret January 31, 2012 4:42 pm

Wait, and you have new rugs? Woah, I have to come visit. Interiors post?!

• Steph January 31, 2012 4:46 pm

Yeah you should come down! It’s almost 70 degrees today and tomorrow: weird, right?

Hmm interiors post: OK ! 🙂

3. Abby January 31, 2012 5:09 pm

You can do it! I believe in you. You also give me hope for myself with a pregnancy down the road… Although a healthy dose of fear/dread mixed in there, too. Plus, you just look amazing. So, keep up the good work! Yay for the new car, rugs, and tax returns!

• Steph January 31, 2012 5:17 pm

Aww thanks Abby!! You will be so cute pregnant!! And yes, yay for new cars 🙂 And gratitude lists!

4. Monica February 16, 2012 9:53 pm

A pregnancy must-have: a body pillow!

• Steph February 20, 2012 1:09 pm

Yes! I just started using a pillow for my side at night. It’s been a lifesaver.