Great TED talk by Jason Fried. He’s the co-founder of 37signals, makers of Basecamp and other web-based collaboration tools, and co-author of “Rework.” As a designer, this really hit home…
Great song keeping me company this morning at work. And speaking of lampshades, we got some new ones this weekend. Why are lampshades so expensive???
This made us laugh:
I compiled a bunch of songs for a friend’s birthday present. A mix of Christian (loosely interpreted) songs. Gettin’ spiritual on this one!
P.S. Somehow track #6 is wrongly titled. It should be Abraham instead.
P.P.S. Track #16 should be Myrrh instead.
- I Could Drive Forever—Smog
- (That’s How You Sing) Amazing Grace—Low
- Rejoice—Pedro the Lion
- Somewhere—Sun Kil Moon
- Abraham—Sufjan Stevens
- If Only They Knew—Ester Drang
- Under the Milky Way—Starflyer 59
- Faces in Disguise—Sunny Day Real Estate
- High Rising—Suede
- This Corrosion—Sisters of Mercy
- Rise—American Music Club
- Clean—Depeche Mode
- This Time of Night—New Order
- Herculean—The Good, The Bad & The Queen
- Myrrh—The Church
- Raise Her Hands—Wovenhand
- There is a Kingdom—Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
- My Love Paramour—Cocteau Twins
- Thursday—Asobe Seksu
- Send His Love To Me—PJ Harvey
- You’ll Never Walk Alone—Elvis Presley
- Look Into Jesus—Larry Norman
- I Believe in You—Bob Dylan
- Rationale—Bill Mallonee
- Into Dust—Mazzy Star
- Prayer for the Paranoid—Mojave 3
- Sketch for Dawn 1—The Durutti Column
- Weightless—Brian Eno with Daniel Lanois
- Stand on the Word—Joubert Singers
- Forever Heavy—Black Moth Super Rainbow
- All Neon Like—Bjørk
- Nothing Can Stop Us—Saint Etienne
- We Could Forever—Bonobo
- Hung Up On A Dream —The Tough Alliance
- In a Beautiful Place Out in the Country—Boards of Canada
- Traveling Through a Sea—Grouper
- Love—The Art of Noise
- Obsession (live)—Delirious?
I’ve become obsessed with a song from Suede’s famed B-Side album Sci-Fi Lullabies ever since listening to it for the first time last week. A good friend of ours loaned us his copy, surprised we hadn’t heard it. I’m surprised too! The entire album is mesmerizing, but the song High Rising in particular, struck a chord with me. I feel like it sort of embodies the time of my life when I first met James. I was listening to a lot of post punk. I was feeling lonely in a city, wondering if there was anybody out there for me. When I first heard this song it reminded me of James and that time period, almost like the feeling you get when a song really does take you back…but I’m pretty sure I hadn’t heard this one before. I’m putting together a photo book right now, so I have pasted a few of our early pics below.
Isn’t it fun to look at old photos? These are all from the very first months of our relationship, which I can’t believe has almost been 4 years ago. I love him with all of my heart.
…You’ll hide among the covers and wave as the aeroplanes go by…She called you from across the city you hired a car to crawl, But with the high rise still in your eyes you wonder who’s out there at all…
My friends in Cville and I have a brunch group. It is so totally fabulous. Friends, delicious brunch foods, coffee, mimosa’s and great conversation. This past week I hosted brunch / crafting day. We created handmade tags and decorations for Christmas presents. Kristin Moore, brunching lady (and talented photographer) documented the beginning part of the day and took some gorgeous shots:
Just thought I would share this classic today. No reason in particular except for the fact I do feel love!